Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location – Basco Winston-Salem
Under the direction of the Vice President of National Glass Sales, the Glass Sales Account Manager accepts responsibility for Basco Shower Door product sales and territory management in the SC & NC markets. This person facilitates the sale of Basco products and services through a network of independent Glass Fabrication and Installation facilities. Must possess the technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products and services to their needs to generate revenue. Glass Sales Account Manager analyzes markets and customers to derive opportunities for growth in core and expansion markets as well as resolve areas of conflict at the customer and corporate level. This person also provides ongoing support and communication with key customers throughout the geographic region.
· ATTITUDE: Works well with others, puts forth good effort, takes responsibility for mistakes and takes positive action to correct them, takes pride in doing a good job, looks for opportunities to help others and goes the extra mile to support coworkers and customers, offers solutions to problems, has intense enthusiasm for role within the company.
· CUSTOMER: Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
· TEAMWORK: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere, builds rapport with others, focuses on the team as one solitary unit, does not monopolize the project, assumes ownership and takes responsibility for contributions and mistakes, shares responsibility for the company vision and helps each other succeed.
· QUALITY: Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Analyzes customer and regional performance and develops action plans to facilitate the increased sales of products and services in an effective manner by:
- Developing quotas and goals in line with corporate and channel initiatives for the independent field sales force
- Developing regional strategies and goals based on market opportunities and customer performance.
- Executing corporate and channel sales strategies.
- Researching and developing lists of target customers with actionable goals and defined responsibilities for action and accountability throughout the independent sales force.
- Maintaining relationships with key customers through in-market visits, trade shows, web technology and telephonic communication
- Communications with internal and external stakeholders on market trends and competitive actions
- Evaluating product and service marketability in terms of customers’ technical needs.
- Insure the execution of sales leads and developing opportunities.
- Develops and delivers sales presentations in support of important target customer conversions and key customer opportunities in a professional and effective manner by:
- Providing relevant data in support of Basco’s value proposition to the customer.
- Developing technical presentations and workshops in support of ongoing customer education and target conversion support.
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of activities, industry trends, and government regulations.
- Meeting established sales quotas and revenue goals.
- Participates in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by:
- Researching, developing, and maintaining long and short-range sales plans.
- Producing regular reports and final plans for Manager’s approval.
- Maintaining an up-to-date awareness of strategic plans and procedures to coordinate market plans.
- Develops and maintains communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers by:
- Communicating openly, honestly, and constructively.
- Treating all employees and customers with dignity, respect, and courtesy.
- Taking responsibility for and making every effort to resolve problems and concerns that stem from issues of communication, trust, and respect.
- Asking for information needed to perform job responsibilities.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by management.
- Assists resellers with organizational skills, account strategies, territory planning, as well as administrative responsibilities to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained. Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets.
- Becomes actively involved in a new resellers sales orientation and sales training programs. Serves as a resource to resellers working with contract opportunities and proposals. Assists resellers with contract negotiations, sales closings, and developing marketing plans for contract accounts.
- Assists with the planning of sales exhibits and attends trade shows. Participates in education and training conferences on selling and marketing programs. Coordinates and assists in leading sales meetings to include site selection and agenda preparation.
- Researches and maintains an up-to-date knowledge base of new products, services, and other general information of interest to customers. Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods of obtaining resellers and assisting resellers in obtaining new accounts.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding products provided. Answers resellers’ questions and works to resolve problems/complaints.
- Three+ years of field sales experience.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and negotiation skills, with special emphasis on closing the sale.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills before variously-sized groups.
- Hands-on knowledge of company needs and capabilities.
- Experience managing large territories and diverse product offerings.
- Demonstrated capacity to keep abreast of new technology trends and association needs and how the two would apply to real-world projects.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly engaged in extended periods sitting, speaking, and computer usage.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moderate lifting.
Work Environment: Work is performed in an office environment; however some tasks may take place in the on-site factory.
Personal Protective Equipment: When entering the shop environment, the use of safety glasses and protective clothing is required. Hearing protection is recommended in certain areas of the shop.