We are looking to hire a hard-working and experienced OTR Driver to transport freight between various locations across the country. The OTR's responsibilities include obtaining customers’ signatures upon completion of each delivery, ensuring that the freight is properly secured for transportation, and notifying management of any issues that arise during transportation. You should also ensure that you are following proper dot guidelines and regulations.
To be successful as an OTR Driver, you should be knowledgeable of road safety regulations and able to maintain concentration for extended periods. Ultimately, an outstanding OTR Driver should demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills as well as adhere to all company policies and procedures.
OTR Driver Responsibilities:
Safely transporting freight between various locations over long distances.
· Performing truck inspections before and after each trip to ensure that all mechanical systems are in good working order.
· Maintaining a logbook detailing the hours traveled, rest periods, miles covered, as well as all fuel, and toll expenses.
· Promptly reporting any traffic violations, road accidents, and vehicle breakdowns to management.
· Notifying a company representative and customer of any delay that may affect scheduled delivery times.
· Responsible for the unloading of freight into and off the company truck.
OTR Driver Requirements:
· Must be at least 21 years of age or older
· High school diploma or GED is preferred.
· Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
· A clean driving record.
· Proven experience working as an OTR Driver or Truck Driver.
· Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
· The ability to work long hours.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Effective communication skills.
Please email your resume and salary requirements. Resumes without salary requirements might not be considered for first round interviews. Send in confidence to:
Basco Shower Enclosures
7201 Snider Road, Mason, OH 45040
Equal Opportunity Employer