Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location – Basco Mason
Are you a logical, practical thinker that enjoys creating custom solutions to unique problems? Do you have an eye for detail? Basco is looking for full-time Mechanical Designer in the Mason, Ohio area that will help create custom shower doors.
- A great team comprised of both short and tenured employees dedicated to customer excellence
- A chance to be on the team driving towards the future
- 60+ year, family owned, multi-site organization
- Paid time off, medical benefits, 401(k) match
- Use 3D CAD (Solidworks), PDM, ERP system, and engineering and manufacturing systems
- Create new product and part designs, drawings, and bill of materials
- Perform strengths calculations as necessary on new product
- Be able to identify and select best manufacturing practices for new product
- Create new and support existing technical documentation
- Work with cross functional teams in marketing, purchasing, manufacturing, and sales
- Be a product expert on new and existing product, answering technical questions from other departments
- Support existing manufacturing equipment with programming and troubleshooting skills
- Operate 3D printer for prototyping purposes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Use historic sales data to make product recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mechanical preferred
- 2-5 years work experience in a mixed office/manufacturing environment, experience in consumer goods a plus
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of co-workers and managers
- Possess a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, and have experience troubleshooting electromechanical systems
- Must have technical knowledge of computers, engineering blue prints. PLC and wiring knowledge is a plus
Experience for Job Specifics:
· 3D Modeling proficiency (Solidworks preferred) in high level parts, assemblies and detail drawings focused on design intent.
- 2D CAD (Draftsite/Autocad) preferred
4 sites spread across Ohio, Michigan, and North Carolina. Occasional brief travel to a remote site maybe required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly engaged in extended periods sitting, speaking, and computer usage.
- Work is performed in an office environment; however some tasks may take place in the on-site factory.
- When entering the shop environment, the use of safety glasses and protective clothing is required. Hearing protection is recommended in certain areas of the shop.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment; however some tasks may take place in the on-site factory.
Personal Protective Equipment:
When entering the shop environment, the use of safety glasses and protective clothing is required. Hearing protection is recommended in certain areas of the shop.
Attractive compensation package including salary, performance based bonus, 401(k) and more.
Please email your resume and salary requirements. Resumes without salary requirements might not be considered for first round interviews. Send in confidence to:
Basco Shower Enclosures
7201 Snider Road, Mason, OH 45040
Equal Opportunity Employer