Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location – Winston-Salem, NC
Family-owned since 1955, Basco’s commitment to quality, innovation and customer service has set the standard for industry excellence. More than 60 years later, we’re committed now more than ever to supporting that vision through every employee, every customer, and every partner. Working together, we strive to delight every customer at every opportunity with our quality products and service.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
The General Manager will have P&L responsibility and will be held accountable to achieve both operational and budgeted financial goals. The General Manager is a strategic business role and must communicate effectively to all levels of the company.
1) Manage and develop direct reports including Production Manager, Technical Director, and Maintenance Manager.
2) Oversee daily business operations with an emphasis on People, Quality, Service, Cost.
3) Identify challenges and inefficiencies, develop action plans, and implement processes to improve business function.
4) Oversee audits on manufacturing products and process to assess compliance with company procedures.
5) Observe and evaluate internal Quality control procedures.
6) Maintain world class levels of quality and service in the eyes of employees and customers.
7) Develop a growth plan to drive profitable increases in revenue
8) Participate in formulating and administering company policy and developing long range goals and objectives, including but not limited to the direction, focus and visualization of activities in departments of responsibility to further the overall progressive goals and objectives and monitor their progress.
9) Engage with key accounts including quarterly customer visits
10) Continually drive towards capacity through training, process, and machine uptime
11) Enforce safety and PPE compliance through the organization.
12) Update and distribute scorecard to leadership team on a weekly basis.
13) Use scorecard metrics to drive behavior throughout the organization.
14) Provide leadership in continuous improvement activities and successfully enable scalability to achieve our goals of meeting quality, cost and delivery objectives
15) Organize biannual including reviews and bonus allotment.
16) Create annual budget including revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures.
17) Work with corporate logistics to ensure compliance and efficient routing.
18) Manage headcount including but not limited to hiring, pay, attendance, and performance.
19) Coordinate with Finance and Human Resources to run 401k and benefits enrollment meetings.
20) Manage bank activity including but not limited to deposits and cash reconciliation.
21) Approve invoices for accounts payable.
22) Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Operations
- Attitude: Maintains a positive attitude in all situations, is respectful and courteous, is a proactive problem solver and shares ideas, complains through proper channels while offering ideas improvement, demonstrates initiative in the absence of direct supervision, manages conflict and anger in appropriate ways.
- Customer: Is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, responds to internal customers.
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Quality: Is committed to quality in all areas. Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, continuously looks for improvement, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/ acts on quality issues.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Operations Management or related
- 8-10+ years of Manufacturing Management and cross-functional experience which includes Fabrication and Assembly, Materials Management, Quality, and Process Improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change, build trust and influence, and control outcomes.
- Experience and training in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Microsoft Office Suite, ERP Systems (Friedman AS400 preferred)
- Extensive leadership, manufacturing, and quality control experience required.
- Ability to lead, direct and achieve positive results.
- Ability to effectively organizes and manages multiple priorities.
- Willingness to raise standards each year to drive organizational excellence
- Track record of improving team performance
- General understanding of financial statements and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Work is primarily performed in an office environment; however some tasks may take place in the on-site factory. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly engaged in extended periods sitting, speaking, and computer usage.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moderate lifting.
Personal Protective Equipment: When entering the shop environment, the use of safety glasses and protective clothing is required. Hearing protection is recommended in certain areas of the shop.
Salary based on experience.