Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location – Basco Mason
Under direction of the Technical Process Engineer, the Mechanical Designer will assist in the development of custom shower doors to fit the needs of individual customers. This person routinely evaluates current procedures and recommends improvements for more efficient operations. This position will produce computer generated drawings for customer approval, vendor out sourcing, and internal fabrication. They must be detail oriented and able to multitask in a timely manner.
- Review custom orders to ensure requirements are attainable and customer expectations are met.
- Generate custom shower door customer approval drawings, utilizing 3D CAD and shower door configuration software.
- Generate custom shower door fabrication drawings, utilizing 3D CAD and shower door configuration software.
- Generate standard part and assembly drawings as required utilizing 3D CAD and shower door configuration software.
- Participate in conveying engineering information to outside resources when required.
- Maintain, organize, develop & update all technical documentation, including but not limited to standard part drawings, assembly drawings, installation instructions, detail sheets, cut sheets, and standard forms.
- Working knowledge of MRP/ERP (Friedman AS400) product configurations.
- Use 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred), PDM, and engineering and manufacturing systems.
- Work with cross functional teams, limited to engineering functions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Drafting, or equivalent degree. Alternatively, Solidworks Certification with 1-3 years experience also accepted.
- 2D CAD (Draftsite/Autocad) preferred
- Communicate verbally and/or in writing with other employees, other departments, supervision, customers and management as to work in progress, problems and/or completion.
- Mathematical Abilities: Be able to distinguish and solve calculations typical in the area of shower door design and fabrication.
- Reasoning Ability: Be able to identify work process problems and possible solutions
- Must have technical knowledge of the product, computers and engineering blue prints.3D Modeling proficiency (Solidworks preferred) in high level parts, assemblies and detail drawings focused on design intent.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly engaged in extended periods sitting, speaking, and computer usage.
- Work is performed in an office environment; however some tasks may take place in the on-site factory.
- When entering the shop environment, the use of safety glasses and protective clothing is required. Hearing protection is recommended in certain areas of the shop.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment; however some tasks may take place in the on-site factory.
Personal Protective Equipment
When entering the shop environment, the use of safety glasses and protective clothing is required. Hearing protection is recommended in certain areas of the shop.
Attractive compensation package including salary, performance based bonus, 401(k) and more.